Monday, November 13, 2006

This is the other card we did at our last club night last thursday. The technique for the background is called "Poppin' Pearls". We stamped the background Print Pattern on true thyme cardstock with VersaMark Ink. Then we dipped our sponge daubers into interference gold pear ex powder and with a light touch pouced over entire stamped area, we then used a swiffer cloth to wipe away excess powder. We added a second pearl ex powder in spots randomly over top of the first powder. After using a swiffer cloth again, we then sealed with hairspray (it is important to seal the image as it will rub off if you don't - an acrylic sealer is better, but we didn't have any at the time). We then stamped our focal image on very vanilla cardstock, sponged the edged, used the color spritzer with always artichoke marker, and adhered it to the page. The ladies could either pick a ribbon or use brads to finish it off. We then stamped Peaceful Wishes in basic black classic ink on top of the background. Everyone really like the finished product when they were done. It is really shimmery in person.

3 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Hi Marcia,

I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you on my blog today!! I hope that's alright. If not, let me know and I can remove reference to you.

Cindy

Nancy said...

Hey Marcia... great blog! I found it by linking through Cindy's site!

I can't wait to see more!

Sarah said...

Great cards, Marcia!